Tuesday, November 13, 2007

humor time!

I received this e-mail from hubby. Since it is also technology related (ba?!), I decided to post it. Read on and have a good laugh!!!

Never lacking in resourcefulness, intuition, artistry and that plain ol' survival instinct which is just Filipino or Pilipino....surfaces our next Filipino compaƱero who shall be talked about with awe and wonderment from now on. Read on and find out why................
The Story of Mario Dimaculangan

Microsoft announced that they were looking for someone to head their new office in Eastern Europe and that Bill Gates himself would conduct the screening.

After some preliminary interviews, the "short list" of 5,000 applicants were asked to assemble in the large hall at the Microsoft Headquarters. Bill Gates walked in and thanked all of them for coming.

BILL GATES: Those of you that do not know JAVA, I will have to ask you to please leave.

2,000 of them leave.

MARIO DIMACULANGAN, one of the 5,000 applicants, thinks to himself, "Sure I don't know JAVA but what the heck, I have nothing to lose so I'm staying."

BILL GATES: Candidates that have had no experience managing more than a hundred people, you too may leave.

Another 2,000 leave.

MARIO muses in his head, "Though it is only myself that I have managed all my life, heck, what do I have to lose if I stay?" And again, Mario stays put.

BILL GATES: Those without a Masters Degree, Adios!

MARIO, a high school drop-out, figures that if he stays, he still will have nothing to lose. So, he decides not to budge while another 500 pass him by on their way out.

BILL GATES: Lastly, those not fluent in the Serbo-Croat language, thank you for coming. Please leave.

498 more walk out leaving only two candidates with Bill Gates.

MARIO, after telling himself, "Even if I do not know a single word in Serbo-Croat, the fact remains that I still will not lose anything by staying," finds himself with just one other applicant.

At this point Bill Gates asks them both to come together beside him and says: "Very good! Apparently, only both of you from among the lot can speak Serbo-Croat. Now, if you please, gentlemen, I'd like to hear both of you converse in that language."

MARIO very calmly turns to the other remaining applicant and with a smile, says: "Ano ba yan, dong?"

The other one answers, "Ewan ko, pare."

No comments: